This filling ABC (Avocado Beet Citrus) Salad is a tasty and refreshing treat that you can enjoy all winter long! Check it out:
ABC (Avocado Beet Citrus) Salad
- 7-8 small beets or 3-4 medium beets, cubed
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 2 oranges + 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3 tablespoons hazelnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1 avocado, cubed
- olive oil, for drizzling & salt for sprinklin’
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Place the beets in a small roasting pan. Toss with olive oil and salt and roast for 15 - 20 minutes until tender. Allow to cool until able to be handled.
- Meanwhile, prepare the orange segments. Trim both ends of the oranges. Remove the peel of the orange. Be sure to remove all of the white pith. Using a knife, carefully segment the orange by slicing between the membrane and the fruit. Set the orange segments aside.
- Use the remaining orange core to squeeze out the orange juice.
- Toss the beets in a bowl with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, sherry vinegar, and orange juice.
- Add the avocado slices, and season with salt and pepper. Top with orange segments and hazelnuts. Lightly drizzle with olive oil and serve immediately.