Author: Edith Thayer
Recipe type: Dessert
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups cooked & pureed winter squash
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1½ cups raisins or any chopped dried fruit (I used chopped apricots)
- 1¼ cups chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- Cream sugars and butter in a large bowl.
- Beat in the eggs and squash.
- In a medium bowl, stir together all of the dry ingredients and stir into the creamed mixture.
- Add the dried fruit and nuts and combine.
- Spoon approximately 1 heaping tablespoon of batter per cookie onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for approximately 11 minutes.
- Remove and cool the cookies on a baking rack.