This hearty and mighty delicious Creamy Bacon Garlic Cabbage recipe is a winter favorite! Try it for yourselves:
Creamy Bacon Garlic Cabbage
- 4 slices bacon
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ sour cream
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium head savoy cabbage, cored and shredded
- Place the bacon in a large, deep skillet, and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Remove the bacon slices to cool.
- Whisk the butter, flour, and salt into the drippings in the same pan.
- Stir in the cabbage and garlic, and cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat until cabbage is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Crumble the bacon; stir the bacon pieces and sour cream into the cabbage mixture.