This Sweet Potato, Celeriac and Ginger Soup recipe will leave you feeling toasty warm this fall and winter!
Sweet Potato, Celeriac and Ginger Soup
- 1 tablespoon Driftless Organics Sunflower Oil (or olive oil)
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- One small head celeriac, peeled, quartered and sliced
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- Salt & black pepper
- Knob of ginger, (1-2 inches long) peeled, and grated or thinly minced
- ¼ cup cream
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large soup pot. Add in the garlic and cook for 2 minutes, stirring until fragrant.
- Add in the vegetables, season with salt and black pepper, and cook for ten minutes, until they start to get golden.
- Pour in enough hot water (or stock) to just cover the vegetables, add in the grated ginger, stir and bring to a simmer. Lower the heat to medium-low, cover, and cook for 35 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked through and very soft, stirring from time to time to make sure the vegetables don’t stick to the bottom.
- Stir in the cream (and more water or stock, if the soup is too thick), puree the soup to the desired smoothness (I like it chunky), and serve immediately.