Cucumber Arame Salad with Edamame & Bell Pepper
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Salad
- 1 oz. arame (a type of Japanese seaweed found at natural or Asian food stores)
- 2 cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup unshelled edamame
- 2 carrots, cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 bell pepper or 3 mini peppers, cut into thin 2” strips
- ¼ c. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp. sugar
- freshly ground black pepper
- Soak arame in warm water for 15 minutes.
- Drain & rinse.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle salt over sliced cucumbers in a bowl & set aside for 10 minutes. Drain & rinse.
- Boil unshelled edamame in salted water for about 4 minutes. In the last minute, add carrot matchsticks.
- Drain edamame & carrots into colander & rinse under cold water until cooled.
- Shell edamame. In a serving bowl,
- Whisk vinegar, oil, sugar, & black pepper until sugar dissolves.
- Add seaweed & all vegetables & serve.