An unconventional way to use rhubarb for those of you who just aren’t into the rhubarb desserts. This Rhubarb Salsa goes great with grilled chicken, fish or on tacos!
- 2 cups rhubarb, diced small
- 1 cup chopped apple
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 green garlic, chopped
- 2 limes, juiced 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped (optional: remove seeds for less spice)
- Bring a pot of water to a boil over medium heat, and stir in the rhubarb; simmer for 2 minutes to blanch.
- Drain in a colander set in the sink, and let cool.
- Stir together the cooled rhubarb, apple, green onions, green garlic, lime juice, honey, and jalapeno pepper until thoroughly combined.