This Pea Tendril, Spinach and Asparagus salad will awaken your mouth to the wonders of the summer produce yet to come.
Pea Tendril, Spinach & Asparagus Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- 1 bunch of pea tendrils, roughly chopped with lower stems removed
- Your bag of spinach, washed and roughly chopped
- Your bunch of asparagus
- 1-2 Scallions
- Your bunch of Radishes
- 4 oz feta, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon of lemon zest
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- liberal grinding of sea salt
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup Driftless Sunflower Oil (or olive oil)
- Ground black pepper
- First off, roast the asparagus and radishes: Preheat oven to 400 degrees, cut asparagus in half.
- Remove greens from radishes and cut into circles about ¼” thick.
- Place all on a cookie sheet and drizzle with a couple tablespoons of olive oil and make sure all it is coated well.
- Give a liberal grinding of salt and pepper.
- Roast for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Dressing: Whisk together lemon zest, honey, dijon mustard and salt.
- Add the lemon juice and whisk together again.
- While continuing to whisk, add in the olive oil slowly.
- Season with black pepper and more salt, if needed.
- Salad: Divide the pea tendrils and spinach between 4 plates.
- Top with asparagus, radishes and feta crumbles.
- Drizzle dressing over the top.