Maple & Porter Roasted Vegetables
Author: Dani Lind
- 8 c. mixed root vegetables, cut in 1” pieces (parsnips, sweet potatoes, beets, turnips, carrots, etc.)
- 3 Tbsp. olive or Driftless Sunflower Oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- ¼ c. Porter or Stout beer
- 3 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. grainy mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Whisk together oil, salt & pepper, beer, mapley syrup, & mustard in a large bowl & toss in vegetables.
- Pour onto a large rimmed baking sheet & roast for about 25 minutes (uncovered), stirring a couple of times, until vegetables are softened but not browned.
- Add garlic & continue to roast for another 10-15 minutes, until vegetables are caramelized on outside & tender on inside (check a couple times to make sure they don’t burn; depending on your oven you may have to pour over a bit more beer if all the liquid evaporates).
- Serve hot.