Carrots with Raisins & Dates
An Iranian dish from Madhur Jaffrey’s “World of the East Vegetarian Cooking”)
- 5 medium carrots, sliced diagonally into ¼ inch thick ovals
- 1 medium onion, cut into ¼ inch thick half rings
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup pitted dates, cut into ¼ inch thick slivers
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. sugar
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add carrots, onion, raisins, & dates.
- Stir & fry gently for 5 minutes.
- Add the salt & sugar. Stir & fry for another 4 to 5 minutes, until carrots are just tender & onion is soft.