Swiss Chard with Dried Currants & Nuts
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1 bunch swiss chard, rinsed, stems separated
- 2 tbsp. butter or oil
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic scapes (tip above flower
- 3 tbsp. white wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp. dried currants
- 2 tbsp. toasted pine nuts or chopped walnuts
- Slice chard stems into ¼-inch pieces.
- Coarsely chop wet leaves and set aside. In an 8-inch skillet, heat butter or oil over medium-high heat.
- When hot, add chard stems and sauté for a couple minutes.
- Add garlic scapes, stir a few times, then add wine, damp chard leaves, salt and pepper. Stir about 2 minutes until all the chard leaves are wilted.
- Add currants, stir and cook for another couple minutes, until liquid is evaporated.
- Top with nuts and serve immediately.