Author: CSA Member Jolana Bernhardt
Recipe type: Preserving
Don’t know what to do with all those cucumbers? Here’s an easy and fast way to preserve them – without the canning!
- 1 pound fresh cucumbers
- 4-5 c. water
- 1 c. vinegar
- ½ – 1 Tbsp salt
- Peeled garlic cloves (to taste)
- 3-5 Fresh dill flower tops (to taste)
- Slice cucumbers into quarters the long way.
- Cut lengths in half if needed.
- Place cucumbers in brine of water, vinegar, garlic, salt and dill in crock or jar.
- Store in refrigerator for at least 72 hours.