Roasted Beet & Spinach Salad with Goat Cheese, Pepitas, & Lime- Cilantro Vinaigrette
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Salad
- 4-5 beets, greens removed 1” from bulb & tails trimmed
- Zest & juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp. honey
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 scallions, minced, green parts reserved & sliced
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup sunflower oil
- 1 bag of spinach, washed & spun dry
- 2 oz. soft goat cheese, crumbled
- ¼ c. pepitas (pumpkin seeds), toasted
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wrap each beet tightly with tinfoil & roast for about 45 minutes, until knife just inserts easily.
- Let cool a bit, remove peel, & slice.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lime zest/juice, honey, & salt until dissolved.
- Whisk in minced scallions & cilantro.
- Slowly whisk in oil to emulsify.
- Toss a bit of the dressing with the spinach in a serving bowl, top with the beets & drizzle with more dressing.
- Garnish with goat cheese & pepitas & serve.