Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Sesame & Chive Dipping Sauce
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 2 large or 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 4 Tbsp. tamari
- 3 Tbsp. sake, mirin, or white wine
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 3 Tbsp. chives, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. ginger, minced
- 2 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (or a grill).
- Place sweet potatoes directly on the oven/grill grate (put a pie tin on the rack under them to catch drippings in the oven) & roast until soft when squeezed, 30-40 minutes.
- In the meantime, whisk together remaining ingredients until sugar is dissolved.
- Cool sweet potatoes just enough to handle & cut each one in half cross-wise.
- Serve with individual bowls of dipping sauce.