Southeast Asian Slaw
Author: Dani Lind
- 4½ cups grated mixed root vegetables of choice (such as broccoli stems, carrots, turnips, rutabaga, red cabbage, etc.)
- ¼ c. fresh cilantro &/or mint chopped (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 4 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. sugar/honey
- 1 Tbsp. sriracha-type hot sauce
- salt & black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds (garnish)
- Whisk together garlic, rice vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, & sriracha.
- Toss in grated vegetables & cilantro/mint. Taste, & add salt & black pepper as needed & toss again.
- Serve immediately topped w/ sesame seeds.
- Serves 4-5 as a side. Add spinach & grilled meat or tofu for a complete meal for 3-4.