Winter Root vegetable Au Gratin
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Main Dish
- ½ c. yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1Tbsp. fresh thyme (or ½ tsp. dried)
- 8 c. thinly sliced mixed winter root vegetables
- 1 c. milk
- 1 c. heavy cream (or condensed milk)
- 1 c. grated cheese of choice such as parmesan, asiago, Gruyere, aged cheddar
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Oil a 7” x 11” baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients but the cheese & pour into baking dish.
- Press down any veggies that are sticking out.
- Top with grated cheese & bake uncovered for 45-60 minutes, rotating if necessary, until vegetables are tender & top is crisp.
- Remove from oven & let stand a few minutes before serving.