Kale Salad with Pickled Red Onions & Peaches
Author: Dani Lind
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 3 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup Driftless sunflower or olive oil
- 1 tsp. grainy mustard
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 large peach, pitted & chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch lacinato kale, stemmed & coarsely chopped
- Place sliced onions in a colander & pour a couple cups of boiling water over it.
- Combine vinegar, oil, mustard, salt, & pepper in a bowl & add drained onions.
- Let sit a minute or two (they should turn vibrant magenta) & add peaches & red peppers.
- Steam or blanch kale then cool in an ice-water bath.
- Toss with pickled onion mixture & serve immediately.