Roasted Pepper Sauce
Author: Rachael Phillips
Recipe type: Pasta Sauce
This pasta sauce is a great change from your regular marinara sauce....it has deep flavors from roasting the sweet peppers, onions and garlic. Try it today!
- 4-5 Roaster Sweet Peppers
- 1-2 Tbsp of Driftless Organics Sunflower Oil
- 1-2 leeks or medium onion, coarsely chopped (optional)
- 4-5 cloves Garlic
- 1 c. Chicken or Vegetable broth
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp. Dried basil (or ¼ c. fresh, chopped)
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Take roaster peppers, cut in half and deseed.
- Place on shallow sided baking sheet (with tin foil...makes clean up SO much easier).
- Place peppers and leeks/onions (optional) on sheet - drizzle with oil, use your hands to cover all over the pepper - front and back. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place peppers with skin side down.
- Put in oven for 10-15 min. Take out, flip over so skin side is up.
- Add garlic cloves. Roast another 10-15 min.
- It is done when you see blisters or a nice coloring on your garlic.
- Take out and set aside to cool for 5-10 min.
- When it’s able to be touched, take peppers and coarsely chop them. Add them to your blender. Toss in the garlic and leeks/onion (optional) and about 1 c. Chicken or Vegetable broth.
- Puree until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Pour into a pot, add basil and simmer in a pot over low heat for 10+ min. Letting the flavors develop a little further. Serve over pasta.