Sweet & Sour Braised Cabbage
Author: Dani Lind
- 2 Tablespoons Driftless sunflower oil or olive oil
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- ½ head fresh garlic, minced
- ½ fresh yellow onion, sliced
- ½ head Savoy cabbage; thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and onion and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the cabbage , increase the heat to high and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cabbage is wilted and starting to brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add the broth and cook until the vegetables are tender and the broth has evaporated, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in the vinegar and sugar and cook until the vinegar and has evaporated, 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper to taste.