Sweet Potato Bravas
Author: Dani Lind
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 4 Tbsp. Driftless Sunflower Oil or olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 – 16 oz can of crushed tomatoes, preferably fire-roasted
- ½ -1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. smoked Spanish paprika
- toothpicks for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees with a large rimmed baking sheet in it.
- Peel the sweet potatoes & cut into large bite-sized pieces. Toss with 3 Tbsp. oil & carefully spread onto the hot baking sheet in a single layer. Sprinkle with salt.
- Roast, carefully scraping/turning a couple of times, until golden & just starting to brown, about 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a small frying pan over medium heat.
- Sauté garlic for a minute until fragrant, then add crushed tomato sauce & cook for about 5 minutes, until thickened.
- Turn heat down and add the cayenne and smoked paprika. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Place the sweet potatoes on a serving platter with the sauce poured over and serve warm, with toothpicks.