Poblano & Smoked Gouda Stuffed Delicata Squash
Author: Dani Lind
- 2 Delicata squash
- 1 poblano pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- Oil for pan & drizzling (we highly recommend Driftless Sunflower Oil!)
- 1 Roma tomato
- Salt & pepper to taste
- ½ c. grated smoked gouda cheese
- ¼ c. panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut Delicata in half lengthwise & scoop out seeds.
- Place cut side down on an oiled baking sheet with unpeeled garlic cloves, whole poblano pepper & roast for 2-25 minutes, until squash is just tender.
- Cut Roma in quarters lengthwise, scoop out seeds with fingers, & drizzle with oil, salt, & pepper & place on pan with squash about 10 minutes through baking time.
- Remove pan from oven.
- Carefully scoop most of squash flesh out of the delicatas into a mixing bowl.
- Squeeze roasted garlic into squash pulp.
- Coarsely chop roasted tomato & add to squash pulp.
- Carefully pull skin off poblano, remove seeds & stem, & coarsely chop (might want to wear gloves for this in case it’s a spicy one!).
- Add about half of it to squash & taste before adding more (in case it’s a spicy one).
- Season to taste with salt & pepper & spoon pulp back into squash shells.
- Top with bread crumbs & grated gouda & put back into oven for 10 minutes, until cheese is melted & panko is browned.