Creamy Celeriac & whatever Soup
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Soup
- 3 Tbsp. butter or Driftless sunflower oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lg or 2 small celeriac root, peeled & cubed
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled & cubed OR 1 bunch carrots, cut into 1” pieces OR 1 head cauliflower, cut into pieces OR a bunch of tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme
- 3 cups veggie or chicken stock
- ¼ c. heavy cream or half & half
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Fresh thyme for garnish
- Melt butter/oil in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Add onion & sauté until translucent.
- Add celeriac & other veggie or choice & garlic & sauté for another few minutes.
- Add thyme & stock, bring to a boil, reduce heat, & simmer until vegetables are very tender, about a half hour.
- Puree in a food processor or with an immersion blender, return to heat, & add cream, salt & pepper to taste.
- Return to a simmer & serve, garnishing with thyme.