Roasted Butternut Squash
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1 medium butternut squash (or 2 small)
- 4 tablespoons Driftless Sunflower oil
- Salt and ground pepper
- 2 medium onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 4 tablespoons dried cranberries or cherries
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Peel squash and cut in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out seedsfrom the center and discard.
- Cut squash into large chunks.
- Coat with 2 tablespoons of the oil.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and arrange on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until well caramelized.
- Peel onions and cut into large chunks.
- Coat with remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper and spread on a second lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until well caramelized.
- When squash and onions are done, toss with sage and cranberries.
- Serve immediately.