Broccoli-Cauliflower Salad with Blue Cheese & Sunflower Seeds
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Salad
- 5 cups broccoli & cauliflower florets
- ½ small red onion, diced
- 1 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup sunflower seeds, roasted or raw toasted
- 2 Tbsp. mayo
- ⅓ cup creme fraiche, sour
- cream, or plain yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. sunflower or olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon zest
- salt & pepper to taste
- Bring salted water to a boil in a medium pan.
- Have a bowl of ice water ready. Blanch broccoli & cauliflower florets for 1 to 2 minutes, drain, & immediately cool in ice water. Drain.
- Meanwhile, mix dressing ingredients in a serving bowl.
- Tossin cooled & drained vegetables, onion, cheese, & seeds.