Great topping for oven roasted chicken, grilled pork chops or just good eating with crusty bread and shard cheese!
- The rhubarb in your box, and cut crosswise ¼ inch thick
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 scallions (the yellow bits) finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp finely grated peeled fresh ginger (from one 1-inch piece)
- Coarse salt
- ⅔ cup dry white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc
- ½ cup golden raisins, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup honey or ¾ cup sugar
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook scallions, garlic, ginger, and ½ teaspoon salt for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and add wine and raisins.
- Return to heat, and bring to a boil; cook for 1 minute.
- Add honey/sugar, and stir until it dissolves.
- Stir in half the rhubarb. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, partially covered, until rhubarb breaks down, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in remaining rhubarb. Raise heat; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer until second batch of rhubarb just begins to soften, about 2 minutes.
- Let cool completely.