Our Quinoa with Savoy Cabbage, Yellow Beans and Sweet Peppers recipe is a great late summer meal that comes together fairly quickly on those busy nights!
Quinoa with Savoy Cabbage, Yellow Beans and Sweet Peppers
- 4 cups thinly shredded savoy cabbage
- ½ lb of yellow beans, chopped into 1” pieces
- 1 cippolini onion, thinly sliced
- 4 mini peppers, any color, cut into thin strips
- ½ bunch cilantro, minced
- 1 cup raw quinoa (any variety)
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Driftless Sunflower Oil
- 1 large red or yellow onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon poppy or sesame seeds, optional
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Rinse the quinoa and combine in a saucepan with the broth. Bring to a slow boil, then lower the heat, cover, and simmer until the water is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet or stir-fry pan. Add the onion and sauté over medium-low heat until translucent. Layer the cabbage, yellow beans and peppers over the onions, cover, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Uncover, turn the heat up to medium-high, and saute, stirring frequently until all the vegetables are lightly and evenly browned.
- Transfer the cooked quinoa to the skillet and stir it in. Sauté for 3 to 4 minutes longer, stirring often. Add the cilantro and optional poppy seeds, season with salt and pepper, and serve.