This wonderful melody of a meal is great on its own or paired with other dishes. Our Organic Roasted Broccoli and Green Bean Salad with Tahini Dressing recipe is a keeper!
Organic Roasted Broccoli and Green Bean Salad with Tahini Dressing
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Salad
Serves: 3-4 servings
- 4 cups broccoli, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 medium or 2 small red onions, sliced thinly
- 2 cups green beans, sliced lengthwise in half
- 1 garlic scape, chopped into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon Driftless Sunflower Oil (or olive oil)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 to 4 handfuls salad mix
- 1 cup cooked pearl couscous
- 1⁄4 cup almond slivers
- 1 ounce feta
- 2 medium carrots, grated with a potato peeler or food processor (long and very thin pieces).
- 2 large basil leaves, chopped finely
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons Driftless Sunflower Oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1½ tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons honey
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 ̊. Toss broccoli, beans and onions with oil, salt, and pepper. Spread onto a sheet tray and roast for 20 to 30 minutes, until broccoli is tender and lightly charring. Once the veggies are cooked, tossed together with the lettuce, basil couscous, almond slivers, carrots and feta. Season with salt & pepper to taste & transfer on to a plate.
- Return empty skillet to stove & melt butter. Whisk in curry powder until bubbly. Add flour & stir constantly for another minute. In a slow stream, whisk in hot milk until incorporated. Continue whisking until boiling & thickened (about a minute after boiling). Stir in lemon juice/zest & veggies & serve over rice with garnishes.
- In a small jar, add the ingredients for the dressing. Shake well (or blend with an immersion blender) and pour 1 to 2 tablespoons over the salad. Toss and serve.