An oldie but a goodie…this is a recipe from the good ‘ole days. It can be refrigerated for a few days to develop flavor or it can be water bath canned for long term storage. If you love Kohlrabi, then you must try this!
- Wash 2-3 Kohlrabi and trim fibrous parts off. Cut into sections of about eighths. Steam until they are tender but not so soft that they fall apart. A fork should go into it smoothly. In a hot sterile PINT jar, add:
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ½ heaping tsp. Garlic Powder
- ½ heaping tsp. Oregano
- A few twists of ground Black Pepper
- Pack in the kohlrabi just tight enough so you don’t squash it.
- Half of a small diced onion packed in is good.
- Pack kohlrabi just under first rim.
- Then add boiling vinegar up to ½” under first rim and add enough sunflower oil, leaving ¼” head space. They should be well covered.
- There are 2 options: Refrigerate overnight (eat within a week) or this can be water bath canned (20 min).