Garlic Scape Pesto
Author: *Recipe from All Recipes.com*
- 6 garlic scapes, chopped
- ½ c. grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ c. grated Asiago cheese
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- ¼ c. pine nuts (or try almonds!)
- ¾ c. Olive Oil (or try Driftless Sunflower Oil!)
- Salt and Ground black pepper – to taste
- Place the garlic scapes, Parmesan cheese, Asiago cheese, lemon juice, and pine nuts in the bowl of a food processor.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the mixture.
- Blend until the pesto is a brilliant green color and smooth in texture.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Use it with pizza, pasta, a salad or as an appetizer: spread on crusty/toasted bread and top with fresh mozzarella. Broil until cheese is melted and golden brown