Chinese Broccoli Saute
Makes a good side or, if you want a main meal, add protein of choice and some other quick cooking veggies, like mushrooms!
- 1 bunch of Chinese Broccoli
- 1-2 Tbsp of Driftless Organics Sunflower Oil
- 1” Ginger, peeled and sliced thinly
- 2-4 cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced thinly
- 2 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Rice Wine Vinegar (Seasoned)
- 2 Tbsp water with 1 tsp cornstarch mixed in
- 1 tsp. Sesame oil
- Cut the Broccoli into “leafy” and stems.
- If the stems are thick, slice in half.
- Heat oil in a saucepan.
- Add ginger and broccoli stems. Saute for 2 min.
- Add garlic. Saute for 1 min.
- Add leafy part of broccoli. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and water with cornstarch. Mix well. Let sauce “thicken” for about 2 minutes.
- When done, drizzle sesame oil over top and serve with rice.