Honey Glazed Carrots
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1 lb. carrots (or mixture of carrots & other veggies like
- sweet peppers, green beans, snap peas, etc.)
- 2 Tbsp. butter (or olive oil)
- 1½ Tbsp. honey
- ½ c. water
- salt & pepper to taste
- Fresh herb such as thyme, rosemary, or mint (optional)
- Scrub carrots. Slice carrots into ½ inch diagonals & combine them with butter, honey, & ½ cup water in a large skillet or sauce pan over medium-high heat.
- Bring to simmer, lower to medium heat, & cook until carrots are tender (but not mushy) & most of liquid has reduced (10-15 minutes). (If you are combining carrots with other veggies, add quicker cooking veggies like peppers or peas half way through cooking.) Season with salt, pepper, & fresh herb of choice (if using), & serve.