- 7-10 medium to large potatoes
- Kosher salt
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 2 Onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 c. shredded cabbage
- 1 ¼ c. milk
- ½ c. heavy cream
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced (optional)
- Boil Potatoes until tender, about 30-40 min.
- Melt 4 Tbsp butter in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onions until soft, about 8-10 min. Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Add 2 c. cabbage and cook until wilted, stirring often.
- Add milk and cream and bring to a simmer.
- Add potatoes and remaining 1 c. cabbage, then coarsely mash.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to serving bowl. Top with remaining 2 Tbsp butter and sprinkle with scallion (optional).