Root Vegetable Fritters
- 6-7 cups shredded root veggies- your choice! (radishes, sweet potato, rutabaga, carrots, and/or potatoes)
- 1 leek, diced
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 cups flour
- 1½ cups milk
- ¼ cup or so canola oil for frying
- Salt & pepper
- Dipping Sauce:
- ¼ cup mayo
- 1 Tbps Shirarcha sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Fit your food processor with the grater attachment- run all scrubbed veggies through the grater. Alternatively, veggies can be grated by hand.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine diced leeks, maple syrup, salt & pepper, flour & milk. Stir until well mixed. Add grated veggies and fold into the batter ensuring everything is well mixed together.
- Place a baking sheet in the pre-heated oven.
- Heat oil in a rimmed sauté pan – a generous ½ cup at a time, with your hands form veggie mixture into patties. Place patties in heated oil (careful not to overcrowd) and pan-fry each side until golden brown.
- Transfer fritters to the baking sheet in the oven.
- Once all fritters have been pan fried and placed onto the baking sheet bake for 15- 20 min – if needed flip halfway through cooking to prevent one side from becoming overly crisp. I used a stone baking sheet and did not need to flip- you can also place a raised wire rack onto your baking sheet and bake the fritters on the rack which will allow the heat to evenly move around the entire fritter.
- While fritters are baking, make the dipping sauce by mixing the mayo & Shiracha together.
- Remove fritters from oven and serve immediately.