Summer Veggie Asian Stir Fry
Author: Rachael Phillips
Recipe type: Entree
This recipe saved my bacon a few times during the last months of pregnancy and early months of having a newborn. It makes a GREAT healthy freezer meal kit. I typically quadruple the recipe if I’m doing the freezer meals – having 4 quick and easy meals that my sweet husband or I can throw together in the midst of toddler chaos is wonderful. When you are putting your kits together, make sure you freeze your meat and the sauce in separate small bags and then you can put them into a large gallon sized freezer bag that the chopped veggies go in.
- 1-2 chicken breast/porkchop/steak, etc – long thin slices (optional)
- 4c. vegetables, cut into large bite-sized pieces (broccoli, bok choy, carrots, green beans, onion, mushrooms, snow peas, summer squash, swiss chard, zucchini, etc)
- 1 Tbsp. Driftless Sunflower Oil
- ½ c. soy sauce
- ½ c. chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. Non-GMO Cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. Honey
- 1 tsp. Sesame seed oil
- 1 tsp. Rice wine vinegar
- 2” piece of ginger – grated into paste
- 2 cloves garlic – minced or grated
- Mix sauce up, set aside.
- If choosing to put meat in, cook meat of choice and set aside.
- Chop up veggies.
- Start sauteeing veggies in oil (start with onions and carrots and putting in veggies according to cook times).
- When veggies are almost done, add meat (if using) and put in sauce, cooking for another 2-4 minutes.
- Serve over rice.