Organic Basil & Garlic Scape Pesto is a summertime staple around here. It’s so good, why not make a big batch and freeze some for the winter!
Basil & Garlic Scape Pesto
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Sauce
- 1 c. scapes, cut into 1” pieces (6-8 scapes)
- ¼ pound basil, coarsely chopped (leaves & stems)
- ½ c. raw pumpkin or sunflower seeds, toasted & cooled
- ⅓ c. Driftless sunflower or olive oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- Combine all in food processor & pulse until smooth.
- Use within a week in the fridge or freeze.
Check out other great recipes from Driftless Organics.
Driftless Organics CSA farm delivers CSA boxes full of wholesome, fresh & organic produce to the Twin Cities, Madison and locally to Viroqua, LaCrosse & Prairie du Chein. Click HERE for more information.