Grilled Veggies Over Salad is always a delicious way to turn your salad into a meal! Use the veggies suggested in the recipe below or try this recipe with other veggies like sweet potatoes, carrots, onions – you get the idea!
Grilled Veggies Over Salad
- Half of your beet bunch, roughly chopped
- 3 or 4 salad turnips, quartered
- Your garlic scape bunch, chopped into quartered
- 1-2 zucchini or yellow summer squash
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Your salad mix
- For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- ½ green garlic, finely minced
- A pinch of salt
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place the beets, scapes, zucchini and turnips on a sheet of aluminum foil and drizzle with oil and toss to coat, sprinkling with salt & pepper. Grill on the foil for 10 - 15 minutes or until veggies are tender, flipping as needed.
- When the veggies are cooked, set aside to cool.
- Whisk all of the salad dressing ingredients in a bowl.
- Combine the salad mix, grilled veggies and as much dressing as you like in a large bowl and mix well. Enjoy!