Moroccan Grilled Eggplant & Summer Squash Salad
Author: Dani Lind
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced into ⅓” thick rounds
- 1 large summer squash, sliced lengthwise into ¼” thick planks
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. Driftless sunflower oil or olive oil + some for brushing vegetables
- ¼ tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. hot paprika or ½ tsp. sweet paprika
- 1 Tbsp. each chopped fresh mint & parsley
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Brush eggplant & zucchini slices with oil, sprinkle with salt & pepper, & grill over high heat
- until softened & grill marks appear.
- Let cool slightly, chop coarsely, & mix with remaining ingredients.
- Serve warm or room temperature with crusty bread or toasted pita.