This fun, fresh dessert takes the cake! Okay.. the ice cream! Our Grilled Strawberries Over Ice Cream with Basil is great on a hot summer day!
Grilled Strawberries Over Ice Cream with Basil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 pint of the biggest strawberries (leaves on)
- 4 leaves of basil
- Carton of your favorite vanilla ice cream
- In a mixing bowl, gently mix berries with balsamic vinegar.
- Place the brown sugar in a shallow bowl or rimmed plate. Roll each berry such that each one has a thick coat of brown sugar.
- On each skewer place about five strawberries. Roll the skewer through the brown sugar to ensure they are properly coated.
- Let the skewered strawberries set in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes before grilling.
- Grill each skewer for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Rub each ice cream dish with the basil (trust me, this step is crucial). Top the ice cream with the grilled strawberries.