Broccoli & Yellow Bean Salad with Feta Cheese and Seeds
- 2 cups broccoli florets or peeled and chopped up stems
- 1 cup yellow beans, ends cut off
- ½ red onion, coarsely chopped
- 3-4 garlic chive blossoms
- ½ cup bean sprouts (optional)
- ½ cup feta cheese, broken into small chunks
- handful of seeds of your choice eg pumpkin, sunflower, sesame.
- ⅓ cup of Driftless Sunflower Oil (or olive oil)
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 large clove crushed garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Steam the broccoli and green beans for 4 minutes, refresh under cold water and leave uncovered.
- Once completely cold, combine with red onion, bean sprouts, feta and seeds. Place all ingredients for dressing except oil in jar and give good shake, (mustard and honey dissolve better without oil). Add oil and shake again.
- Dress salad and garnish with chive blossoms just before serving.