Author: Dani Lind
- 1 Lb. Tomatillos (what’s in your box) hull & stem removed
- 1 medium shallot, quartered
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 2 jalapeno, stems removed (removed seeds for less heat)
- ¼ c. cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1 Tbsp salt
- Place tomatillos (in single layer, stem side down), shallots, & peppers in baking dish.
- Roast at 450 degrees for 6-8 minutes, turning veggies once, until tomatillos are softened & slightly charred.
- Put all ingredients in a food processor or blender & process until smooth. Store in refrigerator for up to a week or freeze.
- You could also try grilling the tomatillos and jalapenos for a more smoky salsa.