Author: Daniel Phillips
This recipe is a go-to in our family, quick and simple: The base is the same, but we add to it any veggies in season. You can even add an egg for a early morning scramble.
- 1-2 zucchini, chopped
- 1-2 summer squash, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 sweet bell pepper, chopped
- Any other veggie of your choice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Feta cheese: to taste
- Saute onions for a few minutes until starting to get tender, then add peppers and zucchini.
- Add any veggie you want based on cook time: mushrooms, garlic scapes, fresh garlic, kale, spinach, carrots, peas.
- If wanting fresh veggies like cherry tomatoes or avocado, put that in when you are serving it. Adds a wonderful “freshness” to the dish.
- Don’t forget that feta, it makes everything “beta!”